Girls Varsity Volleyball
Skills Sessions (Green Days) Conditioning
Mon. July 6 3-5PM (Gym) Wed. July 8 6-7PM (Track)
Mon. July 13 3-5PM (Gym) Wed. July 15 6-7PM (Track)
Thu. July 16 3-5PM (Gym) Wed. July 22 6-7PM (Track)
Mon. July 20 3-5PM (Gym)
Thu. July 23 3-5PM (Gym)
Mon. July 27 3-5PM (Gym)
These sessions are always subject to change based on gym availability, so check your email on the days of sessions.
The sessions are not mandatory, but we encourage attendance to as many as possible.
In the event of inclement weather, conditioning will be moved into the school.
The Sports Physical and Emergency Care form, described below in the Tryout section, are both required for Summer sessions. Concussion Training is required for Tryouts only.
REGISTRATION: Friday, July 31. Freshmen 6:00-6:30 pm. Upperclassmen 6:30-7:00 pm. Outside the Gym Entrance.
REQUIREMENTS: Before you can tryout, you must:
1. Have a current (dated on or after May 1, 2015) sports physical on file. Make sure to use the most recent form (it will be available for download at www.lakebraddocksports.org when available). You can turn in the physical at the Activities Office at any time, to Coach Aubrey during summer conditioning sessions, or at registration.
2. Have an emergency care form (available at www.lakebraddocksports.org) on file. Turn this in to Coach Aubrey if you attend summer conditioning or at registration.
3. The athlete and one parent must complete an online concussion tutorial. This is an annual requirement. Once completed, the Athletic Trainer is automatically notified and provides the current list to the coaches daily. Please complete this training at least a week before tryouts so you will be on the list when tryouts start.
4. The athlete and one parent must read and sign the Team Rules and submit the signed agreement page at registration.
You will not be allowed to tryout until all these requirements are met. There are no exceptions.
DATE UPPERCLASSMEN FRESHMEN
Mon. August 3* 4 - 6:30 PM 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Tue. August 4 4 - 6:30 PM 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Wed. August 5** 4 - 6:30 PM 6:30 - 8:30 PM
Thur. August 6*** 4 - 6 PM 6:30 - 8 PM
* Some Freshmen may be asked to attend the upperclass tryouts after the first session.
** First round cuts, if necessary will be after Wednesday’s session(s).
*** Final roster selections wil be made after the Thursday session.
All players are eligible to be on the Varsity roster if selected. Only Freshmen can be on the Freshman roster. Only Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors can be on the Junior Varsity roster.
PRACTICE: Practice will begin for all teams on Friday, August 7th and continue through the end of the season (late October for Freshman and JV, early November for Varsity). Two-a-day practices will be held from Monday, August 10 through Friday, August 14. Attendance at all practices is mandatory.
Practice for all 3 levels will begin on Friday, August 7. Practices or other required activities will be held every weekday. Because we have a regular season game on September 8, we will have practice on Labor Day (time TBD). We will schedule Saturday practices, as needed, for example if we have a game on the following Monday.
TWO A DAYS: In addition to the regular practices shown below, we will have extra practices as follows:
Varsity: August 11 through August 15, 9-11AM
JV and Freshman: Aug 12 and 14, 9-11AM
REGULAR PRACTICE SCHEDULE (every weekday August 7 - end of season):
Freshman: M - F 5:30-7:30PM, near court (nearest the gym entrance)
JV: M - F 4:30-6:30, far court
Varsity: M - F 5:30-7:30PM, center court. (The varsity schedule may change to an earlier time)
BRUIN BLAST: September 3. Practice times TBD.
Back to School Nights: Wednesday, 9-9 (Middle School)
Wednesday, 9-16 (High School)
PICTURES: Wednesday August 26, time TBD (We play Edison at home that day).